Dr. Menon graduated from the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune and completed his postgraduate studies in Medicine from Mumbai University. After serving in the Army Medical Corps till 1988, he presently provides consultancy in Clinical Cardiology in addition to extensive activities in the field of Drug Abuse and HIV–AIDS care.
Dr. Menon is a Founding Faculty of Wockhardt HIV–AIDS Education & Research Foundation (WHARF).
Dr. Menon provides technical Consultancy in the fields of Drug Abuse Management and HIV–AIDS care for Kripa Foundation (a nationwide NGO), UN Office on Drugs and Crime (SAARC countries project), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, National Centre for Drug Abuse Prevention and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (AYUSH Programme for alternative therapies).
- MBBS, Armed forces Medical College, Pune, University of Pune, 1974.
- MD, Institute of Naval Medicine, Mumbai, University of Mumbai, 1991.
- Fellowship in HIV Medicine, Florida Infectious Disease Institute, College of Medicine & College of Public Health, University of South Florida and Florida–Caribbean AIDS Education & Training Centre, USA, 2003.
- Director – Kripa Foundation, India.
- Consultant (HIV) – RRIH Mumbai, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- Hon. Cardiologist, S.L. Raheja Hospital, All India Institute of Diabetes & Asian Institute of Oncology, Mahim, Mumbai.
- Past Hon. Professor & HOD (Medicine) C.M.P.H. Medical College under Maharashtra University of Health Sciences–Nashik, India.1996–2007.
- Military Medicine (1974 to 1988) in plains, deserts and high altitude areas, Registrar of Military Hospital & Commanding Station Health Organisation (Mumbai).
Papers and Presentations
- Thesis for MD (1985), ‘Relationship of Insulin and Glucose in Obese Non Diabetic and Maturity Onset Diabetic Indian Subjects’.
- Papers/posters & technical presentations in various National & International conferences and meets held at Bangkok (Thailand), Boston & Tampa (USA), Cambridge (UK), Mumbai & New Delhi (India) and Pnom Penh (Cambodia).
- Published over fourteen research articles in national and international journals on psycho social care issues, management dynamics and training methodologies and also on Holistic Methodology uses of Yoga and Tai Chi Chuan in the fields of Drug Abuse and HIV–AIDS care.