Page 1 of 13Drishtikon is a voluntary, Non–government, Non–political, Non–religious & Nonprofit making Organisation, formed by a group of qualified and experienced professionals committed to work for Prevention and care of HIV/AIDS, among the socio–economically backward sections of the mainstream as well as marginalised population since 1995. Drishtikon is registered with Registrar of Societies under the Societies Act 1860 (Registration No. S/27581) on the 9 March 1995.
The Registered Office Address
B 4/45 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063, India
Telephone: +91 20 28311097 / +91 20 25483242
Cell Phone: +91 9810593236 / +91 9811350003
“Minimizing the spread of HIV/AIDS through awareness and education in a culturally appropriate manner and Non judgmental and confidential, quality health delivery system.”
“We are committed to create a society free of prejudices and an environment where marginalized groups and those already infected with HIV can live with honor and dignity.”
Goals & Objectives
To ensure optimum utilization of the services by the targeted population including the High Risk Groups, 1. By providing integrated reproductive & sexual health services through a user friendly, non–stigmatizing, non–judgmental service delivery system. And 2. By creating need of such services through spread of knowledge.
- To create general awareness on Reproductive/Sexual health issues including HIV/AIDS/STIs, in men, women & adolescents in a culturally sensitive manner.
- To improve healthcare seeking behaviour of the targeted community through creating awareness on health issues including HIV/AIDS/STIs & providing non–judgmental quality health services.
- To bring about behaviour change among the high–risk individuals through BCC (Behaviour Change Communications), Condom promotion and promotion of Safe Sexual Practices.
- To provide Counseling services on HIV/AIDS/STIs & Sexual Health issues.
- To generate enabling environment for addressing the reproductive & sexual health issues including HIV/AIDS/STIs.
- To provide Voluntary HIV testing with Pre/Post–test counseling.
- To mobilize the community resources through Advocacy, effective Networking and Capacity Building programmes.
- To provide community based care and support for HIV positive people.
- To initiate scientific and socio–scientific researches and organizes seminars/conferences in the interest of objectives.
- To work for other socio cultural issues directly or indirectly related to HIV/AIDS/STIs prevention.
- To work for mainstreaming of marginalized groups like hidden sex workers and MSM.
Working for prevention of spread of HIV/AIDS in most culturally appropriate manner
- Spreading Awareness on HIV/AIDS /STIs, Reproductive and Sexual health in general population without discriminating any particular group.
- Working to bring about behaviour change amongst people practicing high risk behaviour by promoting safer sexual practices, promoting Condom use and social marketing of condoms.
- Working towards changing the attitude of the entire community through sensitising them on issues related to HIV/AIDS.
- Helping women fight for their Reproductive and Sexual rights through women empowerment programmes.
- Providing support services like clinical and counseling services in a non judgemental, confedential and friendly environment.
- Focussing on youth (School going and school dropouts) for promotion of responsible sexual behaviour in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Capacity building and skill building to make community self reliant.
- Forming self help groups of HIV positive people and their families/care givers.
- Involving community and seeking their participation in the programme.
- Dr. Sushma Sengupta, Founder President.
- Dr. Priyamvada Chaturvedi, Founder Member & Vice President.
- Ms. Santosh Chowdhury, Founder Member & Treasurer.
- Ms. Monica Mendiratta, Secretary.
- Mr. Sambit Kumar Mohanty, Executive Committee Member.
- Mr. Nikhil Wagh, Member and US representative.
- Dr. Krishan Kumar
- Mr. Pankaj
- Ms. Harmeet
- Mr. Sunil Arora
- Ms. Anuradha
- Ms. Daya
- Mr. Mahendra
- Mr. Deepak
- Mr. Joseph