Saturday, Dec 10th

Last update:05:44:44 AM IST

Recent Posts:
Homearrow News and Events Year 2010 Ralph Fiennes planning second India visit - Press Trust of India

Ralph Fiennes planning second India visit - Press Trust of India

STAFF WRITER 10:59 HRS IST

Kripa Krishnan

New Delhi, Apr 2 (PTI) His first trip to India was marred by the infamous 'mile-high club' episode, but British actor Ralph Fiennes is planning his second visit to the country, for a HIV-AIDS awareness campaign.

The 47-year-old actor was at the centre of a tabloid storm after he admitted that he had sex with an air-hostess while on a flight from Australia to Mumbai in 2007, but Fiennes has fond memories of his India visit.

"I visited villages in western India in my role as a UNICEF ambassador.

. After meeting a group of people whose families had disowned them after learning they were HIV-positive, what moved me is not the tragedy of the shadow over these people, but the strength it brings out in them. I will soon try to come for another HIV-AIDS awareness campaign," Fiennes told PTI in an interview.

Disclaimer: The news story on this page is the copyright of the cited publication. This has been reproduced here for visitors to review, comment on and discuss. This is in keeping with the principle of 'Fair dealing' or 'Fair use'. Visitors may click on the publication name, in the news story, to visit the original article as it appears on the publication's website.

Newsletters

Newsletters

Publications

Know Your Rights!

Link to Aarogya

aarogya logo

Suggestions?

This is YOUR sites, so if you have suggestions or feedback on how we can improve it for you, please let us know! We do our best to keep up!

Make a Suggestion